About Amber Beads
These amber bead necklaces are made from Authentic Baltic amber. A traditional European remedy known for its anti-inflammatory properties. This amber washes up on the shores of the Baltic Sea, where it is collected and used to create beautiful, healing jewelry. Succinic acid, which is believed to reduce swelling in the body, is released from the amber when in contact with your skin, creating a pain-relieving effect for people of all ages.
Salus Earth is determined to provide natural, affordable remedies. Everyone deserves to live the cleanest, best version of their lives. It all began when one of our founders, Emily, disliked the idea of giving her baby medication to ease the pain of teething, and was determined to find a natural remedy. She stumbled upon Baltic amber necklaces for babies. Our other two founders, husband and wife Frank and Lauren saw the difference that the amber had made in Emily’s daughter. Determined to provide parents with a natural, affordable remedy for pain relief, the three friends put their energy together to locate and share certified authentic Baltic amber.
Healing Gold Fossilized resin, Baltic Amber, dates back nearly 50 million years and is a true wonder of nature. As more people start looking for natural, holistic healing and pain relief remedies, they stumble upon the wonderful benefits of amber which have truly withstood the tests of time. Baltic amber is considered the world’s finest type of amber due to its high levels of succinic acid, sometimes referred to as “amber acid.” When amber is worn on the skin, it releases minuscule amounts of healing oils which are then absorbed through the skin. Mothers praise the natural, drug-free relief it brings their teething children, easing gum inflammation and drooling as well as overall pain relief.
What’s the difference between polished and unpolished amber?
Some people feel that the unpolished amber works a little better because it is raw and porous. The polishing process can close the pours of the amber a bit, making the succinic acid not transfer as easily, but both options work very well.
Fossilized resin, Baltic Amber, dates back nearly 50 million years and is a true wonder of nature. As more people start looking for natural, holistic healing and pain relief remedies, they stumble upon the wonderful benefits of amber which have truly withstood the tests of time.
Baltic amber is considered the world’s finest type of amber due to its high levels of succinic acid, sometimes referred to as “amber acid.” When amber is worn on the skin, it releases minuscule amounts of healing oils which are then absorbed through the skin. Mothers praise the natural, drug-free relief it brings their teething children, easing gum inflammation and drooling as well as overall pain relief.
But it doesn’t stop there! Europeans have regularly used amber as a part of their regular health routine. In countries around the Baltic Sea (where authentic Baltic Amber is collected) amber is commonly sold in drug stores. Through the ages, amber has been known to relieve pain, improve circulation, strengthen the body’s immune system, and help with skin ailments such as eczema. It treats the throat, stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver and gallbladder. Amber alleviates joint problems, reduces swelling, and strengthens the mucus membranes.
To use amber jewelry properly, it must be worn in direct contact with the skin. If it is to be used to relieve a child’s pain during teething, it should be worn under adult supervision. Amber jewelry is not meant to be chewed. If this is your first venture into holistic healing, give yourself a pat on the back – you’ve made a great first step. Look no further and experience for yourself the benefits amber can have in your life.
Benefits and Healing properties of Baltic Amber and Hazelwood: Alleviates pain and symptoms associated with teething, reduces arthritis pain, reduces and prevents migraine headaches, golfing pain relief, baseball pitching elbow and shoulder, reduces acid reflux, heartburn, reduces and eliminates eczema, psoriasis, balances digestive system and GI track, improves sleep cycles, lifts over all mood and feelings of depression
How To Use
For best results, amber is to be worn against the skin. If it is used to relieve your child’s pain during teething, it is best to tuck the necklace inside your child’s onesie or shirt. This is good for maximum skin contact; it reduces distraction that can result in your child pulling or tugging. For safety purposes, amber jewelry is only meant for supervised use. For your child’s safety, our clasps are made to break when met with too much resistance, and each bead is individually knotted in case of breakage. While amber necklaces are used for the purpose of relieving teething pain, they are not to be chewed on.
Baltic amber necklaces for babies are only for supervised use and should not be worn around the neck overnight. For a safe overnight use, some parents wrap the necklace twice around their child’s ankle and cover with a sock.
Amber is vulnerable to chemicals in certain products, so be sure to remove it before applying lotions, bathing, or swimming.
How do I know if my amber is real?
Never fear! At Salus Earth, we source amber directly from the Baltic Coast. Our products have been certified authentic by The Lithuanian Amber Craftsman’s Guild. For extra peace of mind (and the fun of it) we have conducted every test in the book to confirm your amber is truly Baltic amber. Feel free to try any of these tests yourself! Here are a few tell-tale ways to know if you have the real deal…
- Inspect and feel: Hold your amber in your hand. Amber should be lightweight and warm to the touch, it should never be cold, but plastic or copal (immature resin) will. Look for natural imperfections – cracks and small bubbles are common in real Baltic amber.
- Gravity: Mix one part salt and two parts water, wait until the salt is fully dissolved, then drop your amber jewelry in. Plastic and copal will drop to the bottom, while true Baltic amber should float on the surface. (If you try this method, you may want to rinse the salty residue from your jewelry).
- Static: Rub your amber between a soft piece of cloth, or against carpet or fur (we used a cat. Yes, seriously. Jujie is the highest paid employee of Salus Earth). True Baltic amber will create enough static electricity to attract a small piece of paper.
- Black Light Test: This test is actually kind of fun. You will need some form of ultra-violet (UV) light, commonly known as a black light. Using a UV flashlight is the easiest. If your amber beads are true Baltic Amber and not Copal, they should create a fluorescent glow from the black light. Depending on the color of your amber beads, the fluorescent glow could be anywhere from a yellow-green to a bluish hue.
More invasive tests:
- Scratch test: If you don’t mind the potential of damaging a bead, try the scratch test; scratch your amber with something metal. Amber is soft enough to be scratched by metal where glass is too hard to see a visible mark.
- Acetone Test: The acetone test is pretty accurate when attempting to distinguish true Baltic Amber from other resins like Copal or from plastics. Drop a few drops of acetone on your amber. True amber will not be affected or harmed by the acetone, but plastics, copal or other synthetic resins will likely turn sticky.
- Hot needle: Heat a needle until the point is glowing red and push it into the bead, this will leave a burn/mark, so do it somewhere you won’t mind ruining. Also, amber is fragile, sticking it with a hot needle you will notice some cracks, while a needle will pierce plastic without cracking it.
- Knife test: When scraping a knife against amber you should not be able to cut slices or shavings. Amber is harder than that and should flake or crack off instead.
Baltic Amber is found in around the Baltic sea where an ancient species of trees was washed to shore to fossilize and create the unique and healing resin we know as Baltic Amber. What makes Baltic Amber so effective, and the reason we choose to sell only Amber from the Baltic region, is it’s high content of succinic acid. Succinic acid is a natural occurring component of Amber and can be as high as 8% in the amber found in the Baltic region. Succinic acid is a natural pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, and central nervous system calmer. It is so effective on babies and small children because it simultaneously eases their pain while also having a strong soothing effect on their nervous system – all with zero side effects!Amber is a wholly-organic material derived from the resin of extinct species of trees. In the dense forests of the Middle Cretaceous and Tertiary periods these resin-bearing trees fell and were carried by rivers to coastal regions. There, the trees and their resins became covered with sediment, and over the ages the resin hardened into Amber. Amber can be found on the shores of the north sea and the Baltic Sea. Ancient Germanic tribes such as the Goths, other Nordic peoples, Celts, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Chinese and other peoples valued Amber for its beauty, protection and healing properties. By absorbing pain and negative energy, Amber allows the body to re-balance and heal itself. Amber alleviates stress. It treats the throat, stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver, and gallbladder, alleviates joint problems, and strengthens the mucus membranes. Baltic Amber contains succinic acid and when it is heated against the skin it releases an all natural analgesic (pain relief) which helps to ease teething pains in children as well as colic and gas and other ailments.These also work wonders with adults! They help with migraines, arthritis, acid reflux and many, many other issues!! A natural analgesic, Amber will help calm a baby without resorting to drugs. Used for centuries in Europe, Amber’s natural anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties are perfect to soothe teething babies. Amber is fossilized resin, which warms against the skin, releasing its therapeutic properties safely and naturally.
CARING FOR YOUR AMBER
Amber is very low maintenance and easy to care for. Water will not hurt your Amber, however, soaps, shampoos and lotions will clog the pores and not allow the healing oils to escape into your skin. Please take off all Amber jewelry if you will be using soaps and shampoos in the bath or shower. If you do think you have clogged pores, place your Amber in the direct sun and let it “sweat” out whatever is clogging it.
SAFETY WARNING – DO NOT PUT AMBER IN MOUTH.
Healing Throughout wants to ensure that amber jewelry is used properly, to avoid any unnecessary injury. These products are made with safety in mind, but are should only be used under adult supervision. Healing Throughout is not responsible for the misuse of any product sold on Healingthroughout.com. Healing Throughout will not assume responsibility for injury or death associated with products sold at Healing Throughout.